Shooting for realistic...

They really don't look like HDR... just SOOC with color & contrast boosted. With HDR, I would expect to see more detail in the shadows.

Here is the "correct" exposure of #1 according to the in-camera meter.

IMG_0129_1 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

now if you compare that with the first HDR in the first post the difference in the underside of the bridge seems to be pretty clear to me. No? In fact, the detail in the parts in shadow was one of the things I was happy with in these pictures, especially #1.

Then save for a little bloom along the railing, I'd say you got it down.

480sparky said:
Then save for a little bloom along the railing, I'd say you got it down.

Bloom? I'm afraid I'm not sure what that means...

Nice job dude. I trry to go for very similar results with my HDR.
Your skills deserve a better subject!

The blue of the sky gets brighter right next to the rail along the top right.

You have too much magenta in the sky which ghosts close to the railings. Any pic is suitable for trying out HDR but when you get a nice HDR processing done to a lousy pic, whats the point? How about trying for composition, subject etc all at the same time? If you aim for every shot to be a wall hanger you might come up with more interesting pics. For instance in these pics, what exactly is the subject. Not cropped very nicely if the bridge is the subject. Other than that Im at a loss what Im supposed to be looking at.

Bynx said:
You have too much magenta in the sky which ghosts close to the railings. Any pic is suitable for trying out HDR but when you get a nice HDR processing done to a lousy pic, whats the point? How about trying for composition, subject etc all at the same time? If you aim for every shot to be a wall hanger you might come up with more interesting pics. For instance in these pics, what exactly is the subject. Not cropped very nicely if the bridge is the subject. Other than that Im at a loss what Im supposed to be looking at.

I wad mainly going for the processing this time around. I wanted to see how much detail I could get in the underside of the bridge while retaining the perfectly blue sky that we had today.

I see what you're saying though. The crop on #2 is poor I'll agree with that. #1 I thought wasn't so bad. I found the rusted texture of the bridge to be interesting and I think the HDR pulled that out more. #3 I liked the graffiti and the cracks in the concrete.

Most reactions

Back