shooting in a studio

ericshun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was wondering..if theres any type of application or something that i can use so that i can take pictures and have it automatically show up to a laptop hooked up to the camera or something. i dont like using the little preview screen on my eos 10d because it seems to always show the pictures overexposed. also i'd jus like to have a larger display of it on a high quality screen, not on a tv. does anyone know a solution to this?

ericshun said:
i dont like using the little preview screen on my eos 10d because it seems to always show the pictures overexposed.
I would be more interested in checking out the Histogram rather than the tiny image.

I think you might want to look at the "Capture One" software at http://www.phaseone.com

Maybe it's what you're looking for...I know that PhaseOne makes digital backs for medium format cameras, and there is some sort of software they make which allows for immediate feedback on the computer screen for portrait photographers etc.

Here's a description of the sofware from Calumet.com
"Capture One DSLR Pro software integrates perfectly with your camera and gives you full control of your images, from capture to print. Once the image is captured, you can then verify exposure, focus and sharpness.

You'll be able to crop, size, apply color management and then get instant feedback on your adjustments.

Images can be retrieved directly from a Compact Flash card ( Compact Flash card reader required ) or right from the tethered camera ( Requires IEEE 1394 connection ). You can easily write CDs, print contact sheets and create HTML-based index pages for the Web directly from C1!

Your 10D came with software for that already. Look through your cds. Too bad the 10D doesn't have firewire, and it only has USB 1.0 :(

Most reactions

Back