Shooting in a yellow room

Ygrazi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Any tips how to get the right coloring when shooting in a yellow room?? Im not good w\ adjusting white balance its just never works for me. any Tips?

Many camera have inbuilt manual white balancing to use white / grey cards to get the base colour from. Beyond that Take a picture of the white thing, leave all data in RAW format, and then in Photoshop or whatnot you can just select the white card with a white balance selector tool, check the numbers, and batch apply them to all images.

worse comes to worse you can use curces in photoshop

how do gray cards work? I never got the either.:x

The greycards come in various forms. Normally pure black, 18% grey, and pure white. If you take a photo of them under the same lighting as the subject you will have a full set of details for your exposure and colour compensation. The camera can take the exposure of the grey card, and often the colour balance too. If not the colour balance can automatically be selected based on these cards.

Basically if any part of your scene should be white, medium grey, or black, then with most graphics programs you can set it to use that point as a colour reference to remove colourful casts. The actual grey cards only serve to provide a reliable reference.

so I should meter off a grey card? How do I know to use grey white or black?

If you want to meter off a card then use ab 18% grey card and spot meter it. You can also use it as a neutral colour point in post processing.

hey if worst comes to worst use a peace of white computer paper. this should solve the problem. makes sure to white balance it though. I would recommend a C-sand and a white card.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back