Shooting Kids in public places

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see where that was done. Humor regarding violence is different than directly attacking/threatening someone specifically, regarding violence.

I've spent my entire adult life dealing with the reality of it. For me it isn't a forum discussion or philosophy.. it's life. I fought a war and went on to a decade in law enforcement. What I understand about violence wasn't an education I received from books nor is it theory.

Just about any cop, paramedic, veteran, doctor or nurse could tell you why it is violence has to be seen and dealt with very differently based on your exposure to it.

Okay, and that might explain a darker sense of humor being acceptable by default in a police station, bunker, or hospital break room. Not on public forums with people of every background. And it certainly doesn't explain a failure to adjust, apologize, or at the very least, acknowledge personal differences if and when somebody DOES react badly. Even more ridiculous and unexplained by the above is that happening in a thread where the same person was arguing for 3 pages about respect and sensitivity toward others. If somebody is a rough and tumble cowboy veteran with a thick skin, okay. But they can't quite be both that, and really touchy about child photography at the same time..

Nor does your logic explain why a murder joke would be okay, but not a rape joke.

Last edited:
This is going from actual discussion to personal attacks. So before it gets to the point of no return, and someone gets their feelings hurt, lets just dial back the accusations a little please. Thanks.

Wee ! leave for a two hour meeting and look what i missed !!!

Not much abstract thinking going on here. For artsy photographers, it's surprising !

If one feels he/she needs tricks and obfuscation to take otherwise "legal" pictures, one basically acknowledges that there is something not quite right with what he/she is doing...

You have to be a paranoic idiot to believe everyone with a camera shooting kids is a sexual predator. Any one with brains and attention to detail should be able to make an accurate assessment. If you think that someone with thousands of dollars worth of equipment taking commercial quality shots is a potential sexual predator, than there is something wrong with YOU.

That's a silly kind of assessment.
I would think a serious predator who gets off on pictures of children would do exactly that; get good at it.
Not to mention, whatever you think of the parents who feel protective is not the point.
They feel that way.
Even intelligent people believe all sorts of crazy, impossible things, why not this?
If you want to respect them as parents and people, honor their beliefs.
If you think your rights trump that, go right ahead and do what you want.

Not silly at all. All statistics show that the crime rate in both Canada and the US has gone down considerably in the last few years. If you have any background whatsoever in psychiatry then you realize that no predator bothers to take average snapshots of children. Your imagination has run away with your reason, logic, and understanding of mental/sexual aberration.

I would question the "intelligence" of "people who believe all sorts of crazy, impossible things", but then that may be your beliefs coming into play here.

I simply respect intelligence and demonstrated logic and cherish and exercise my rights, as by the way should the many americans who talk about their rights but don't exercise them when it proves inconvenient.

You have to be a paranoic idiot to believe everyone with a camera shooting kids is a sexual predator. Any one with brains and attention to detail should be able to make an accurate assessment. If you think that someone with thousands of dollars worth of equipment taking commercial quality shots is a potential sexual predator, than there is something wrong with YOU.

That's a silly kind of assessment.
I would think a serious predator who gets off on pictures of children would do exactly that; get good at it.
Not to mention, whatever you think of the parents who feel protective is not the point.
They feel that way.
Even intelligent people believe all sorts of crazy, impossible things, why not this?
If you want to respect them as parents and people, honor their beliefs.
If you think your rights trump that, go right ahead and do what you want.

Not silly at all. All statistics show that the crime rate in both Canada and the US has gone down considerably in the last few years. If you have any background whatsoever in psychiatry then you realize that no predator bothers to take average snapshots of children. Your imagination has run away with your reason, logic, and understanding of mental/sexual aberration.

I would question the "intelligence" of "people who believe all sorts of crazy, impossible things", but then that may be your beliefs coming into play here.

I simply respect intelligence and demonstrated logic and cherish and exercise my rights, as by the way should the many americans who talk about their rights but don't exercise them when it proves inconvenient.

You are right.
I had expected that you could be mollified into an answer that was responsive and yet free from the anger and bitterness and downright scorn for anyone who isn't you.
I was wrong.
However I shall relieve myself of the burden of being wrong when expecting anything but the worst of you by putting you on ignore.

I'm sorry Skieur, but you have no idea of what you are talking about.

I'm Canadian and have been living in the US for the last 9 years. The crime rate, the perception of safety and the measures needed to be taken to take care of your own is totaly different here. Canadians think that the police will come to rescue them. Americans know that by the time the squad car arrives, the crime will be over. Your own safety starts and basically ends with you. Every sherif web site have maps showing the location of all sex offenders. And these people are everywhere. Except near schools of course, where they cannot live.

Whatever what the statistisc are, to a victim, the hurt is felt 100%

As for the "intelligence" of a gut reaction, debating it is quite stupid. There is no intelligence or reflexion involved when dealing with these feelings.

Last edited:
Looks like we're done here. The OP hasn't posted in this thread for 2 days, and it looks like he had enough responses to sort this issue out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back