Shooting my first wedding - Help

for #3 it appears that the bride is looking into the harsh sunlight, and thus is squinting quite heavily. try not to do this. instead place her back towards the sun, or off behind her at an angle so she can relax her eyes and open them up for you. :)

btw...for #4 i cant tell if you added a soft blur of its because i've been up for way too long, but if you did...it was a nice touch. the picture has that airbrushed glamor type look to it. :)

Yes, I totally agree about the light and squinting.It was hard at the location we were at because there were people all over fishing at that pond, so I was at the mercy of many other factors. I knew the squinting was going to occur but luckily, this shot ( and a couple other similar experiemental shots ) were the only ones taken in this spot. I just liked the composition of it so I threw it in here.

As for the blur, all of the pics are blurred to one degree or another. As for #4, I painted in some blur and then used OnOnes phototools and added a few things. ( I can't remember off the top of my head, but think I added a "vibrant glow" but then turned it down a bit.

#2 is my favorite. It was actually composed differently with a little more of the pond showing to the right, but due to background issues, I had to crop it. I like the pose though, it looks more relaxed.

And yes, the bride is very happy with the results.

I am also glad that I did it, because of the shooting experience, but I also had to whittle down like 1000 pictures to about 160 and I post processed every single one of them, and I don't just mean quick color corrections. So I also got a crash course on stream lining my workflow, more out of neccessity than anything. So it was a good learning experience just from a business perspective and work ethic perspective.

Lots of misinformation in this thread about lawsuits. Always entertaining to see folks pass on the advice that a lawyer once dolled their direction. Suffice it to say that people get sued for everything. Lack of money changing hands does not always change things because consideration comes in many forms. At least in US court systems. Also keep in mind that each local court may have different rules as well. Suffice it to say that if you are sued, you need a lawyer. Even small claims cases can get fairly complex, despite the lack of many Evidentiary rules.

:mrgreen:
Jeramy Jarman
Attorney At Law
Law Office Providing Dedicated Legal Representation | Oklahoma City, OK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back