Shooting my first wedding.. Tips

This thread is an example of what's wrong with internet forums. People are anonymous and faceless, so they feel empowered to communicate and interact with others in ways they absolutely would not do in person. I'm sure half of you wouldn't communicate like this in person, and the other half of you probably take horrible shots yourself and don't realize how bad your own photography stinks. The OP may be a novice and may need a lot more work, but there was no reason for so many of you to have responded in this manner. There is clearly rudeness here for the sake of rudeness - masked as honest criticism. The OP never mentioned anything about this being any sort of an attempt at a professional shoot, and being posted under the beginners forum, I have no clue why so many of you just assumed this in first place. It was like a flurry of irrational group think. Nevertheless, it's like this everywhere, on any forum, for any topic. You'll have your pompous, elitist know-it-all's, and just plain d* bags make their own assumptions and lay down their wrath upon anyone whom they feel are less worthy. This forum mentality really gets old.
Welcome to TPF - generally when one is new to a group, one sits back and watches and avoids passing judgement until one knows how things work. Looking forward to your second post.

It's still my first wedding that im shooting (even though there will be a pro there) and I just asked for tips from others that have done weddings and things they have learned from them, not if I do a bad job from my lack of experience what's going to happen....

It's still my first wedding that im shooting (even though there will be a pro there) and I just asked for tips from others that have done weddings and things they have learned from them, not if I do a bad job from my lack of experience what's going to happen....
What I do: Know what is going to happen, when it's going to happen, and where it's going to happen. Be there well in advance, and be aware of the situation. There are two schools of thought, but mine is: Before the ceremony starts, introduce yourself to the pro(s) and explain what you're doing, and if there are any areas/places/times that he wants you to avoid (eg he may have already staked out his spot for the signing of the register and if you unknowingly step in front of him, in the time it takes him to tell you to move, he's missed the shot. Double, triple and quadruple check your gear, settings etc, the night before. Batteries charged, sensor clean, cards formatted... wear quiet shoes with lots of grip so that youc an move around during the ceremony and be assured of not slipping.

Good luck!

AhHHHH I see! Wel first off have a good time girlie! Sorry for the post! I normally do read the whole thread but got lazy hahahaha!

a wedding isn't something you want to screw up for somebody, and with the amount of unexperinced people going out there and shall i say ruining someones photos to make a few bucks people tend to try and give you the warning signs and the what can happen and the worst case scenarios so people will realise that they shouldn't be doing it. there is a huge diffrence in shooting this wedding with pros doing the real job. and you shooting this wedding by yourself with the gear you have. as said. if you would have pointed out they have pros shooting the wedding 90% of the answers would have been totally diffrent.

When I shoot weddings it makes me crazy when I am trying to get a shot and others step in behind me or next to me and "flash" my picture.

This thread is an example of what's wrong with internet forums. People are anonymous and faceless, so they feel empowered to communicate and interact with others in ways they absolutely would not do in person. I'm sure half of you wouldn't communicate like this in person, and the other half of you probably take horrible shots yourself and don't realize how bad your own photography stinks. The OP may be a novice and may need a lot more work, but there was no reason for so many of you to have responded in this manner. There is clearly rudeness here for the sake of rudeness - masked as honest criticism. The OP never mentioned anything about this being any sort of an attempt at a professional shoot, and being posted under the beginners forum, I have no clue why so many of you just assumed this in first place. It was like a flurry of irrational group think. Nevertheless, it's like this everywhere, on any forum, for any topic. You'll have your pompous, elitist know-it-all's, and just plain d* bags make their own assumptions and lay down their wrath upon anyone whom they feel are less worthy. This forum mentality really gets old.

********, anything i say on here i would say to their face, if you don't like it clear off

For starters, make sure you take many shots of the important moments like the walk down the aisle of the groom, the whole entourage and the bride, the cord, veil, the kiss, the cake slicing, etc. It is best to have many shots available so you have a lot of options to choose from in case some don't turn out well. Take lots of photos of the couple specially the bride.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back