Shooting star strails or static stars?

tyqre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone atempted shooting star trails with 35mm film? I've done it with my dslr but i couldent really get what i was looking for becuase of the drawbacks of the t2i. I came across a Pentax k1000 and thought i would try again with 35mm film. Does anyone have any tips? Is going to be alot different because of the properties of the film and, it being full frame, will capture more light that the crop sensor of the t2i. Many thanks, Mitchell.

yes, that is true.

I've been able to do it on my Mamiya 645. The issue is reciprocity failure. Shooting at night is absolutely one area where digital OBLITERATES film.

Is the reprocity really that bad?

I would load your K1000, aim it at Polaris, trip the shutter and leave it for a few hours. And see what you get. Make sure you are somewhere where no light will accidentally pass across the front of the camera as even some angular glare given repeatedly can ruin the shot.

It is that bad. I'd shoot Ektar 100, it's got pretty good reciprocity characteristics, stop down to f/8 or f/5.6 and just aim the camera at the north star for about 2-3 hours.

Most reactions

Back