Shooting tethered

Moon Baby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I've been doing a bunch of photo shoots requiring the use of strobes, products, people...etc and they're usually time constrained. I would LOVE to shoot tethered and display my pictures via Lightroom or CS4 Bridge to increase my work flow efficiency. I have the newest aluminum 15" Mac Book Pro and I hear it has problems with Canon's software. Another problem is, I downloaded the software through Canon's site and when I install it, it requires the disk...I'm a Mac newb, btw.

Any advice would be totally awesome.

Nvm, the reason why I couldn't get it to work was Canon doesn't provide their official software on their scavenger hunt of a website, only updates. Shoot.
More info here.
Canon 5D tethered remote trigger w/ Macbook Pro possible? - Mac-Forums.com

Edit:
A lot of people are also having problems with Leopard not being able to run EOS Utility on their newer operating system versions.
I'll have to find some way around this!

Hey all, I've been doing a bunch of photo shoots requiring the use of strobes, products, people...etc and they're usually time constrained. I would LOVE to shoot tethered and display my pictures via Lightroom or CS4 Bridge to increase my work flow efficiency. I have the newest aluminum 15" Mac Book Pro and I hear it has problems with Canon's software. Another problem is, I downloaded the software through Canon's site and when I install it, it requires the disk...I'm a Mac newb, btw.

Any advice would be totally awesome.

Did you buy this canon body new? If so it came with a disk from Canon. The disk contains both Windows and Mac version of the software. That would be a good start. The updates would work from there.

This should work: Capture One 4

Aperture 2 should work: Apple - Aperture

Lightroom should also worK: PhotoshopNews: Photoshop News and Information » Archive » Tethered shooting in Lightroom

Did you buy this canon body new? If so it came with a disk from Canon. The disk contains both Windows and Mac version of the software. That would be a good start. The updates would work from there.

This should work: Capture One 4

Aperture 2 should work: Apple - Aperture

Lightroom should also worK: PhotoshopNews: Photoshop News and Information » Archive » Tethered shooting in Lightroom

Thanks for the info, I may look into Capture One. I lost my disk a few months back when I moved and stuff...People online when shooting with their 5Ds have issues with the software when using it on Mac's latest OS

Most reactions

Back