Shooting the moon #2

Thanks, Raymond... yeah, I -think- I saw you post that before... stunning shot of the moon. Yours is brighter and whiter than my "adjustment" of Randogs... I wonder if that's because you guys had different exposures, or because I just stink at adjusting moon shots. :lol:

manaheim said:
Thanks, Raymond... yeah, I -think- I saw you post that before... stunning shot of the moon. Yours is brighter and whiter than my "adjustment" of Randogs... I wonder if that's because you guys had different exposures, or because I just stink at adjusting moon shots. :lol:

well, I don't remember posting this one, but I like what you did with Randogs shot much better then mine.. I took this with my 70-300 nikon, and cropped quite a bit.. I don't have extension tubes., so just did my best with what I have, for fun.

You do have great skills with PS, where is a good place to learn??

manaheim said:
Anyway, I hope this information makes you happy and doesn't make you want to plot my death or anything. :)

:lmao: Yes it does make me happy and no I don't want to see you dead. I think you did a great job on this image it looks 100% better. I originally did not spend any time on this image. it was a day shot and I almost psychologically felt if I completely altered it to a night shot it would be fooling people. But looking at it now my shot doesn’t look like its day or night. btw: anytime anybody would like to help me to improve my work you are more than welcome. :)

Randog said:
:lmao: Yes it does make me happy and no I don't want to see you dead. I think you did a great job on this image it looks 100% better. I originally did not spend any time on this image. it was a day shot and I almost psychologically felt if I completely altered it to a night shot it would be fooling people. But looking at it now my shot doesn’t look like its day or night. btw: anytime anybody would like to help me to improve my work you are more than welcome. :)

Well, DAMN... >I< want me dead... no, wait... :lol:

Actually, I didn't realize this was a day shot. heheh I know how you feel about mucking with the images... I used to be a die-hard "however it comes off the camera is what the shot is, period." I eventually gave that up, though I can't say why exactly other than that most of my shots looked like... um... crap? :)

Anyway, glad you liked it and glad it was helpful. :)

This would be my version of Photoshop re-touching from my original image.
moon15gz.jpg

these are all great shots, randog, i like them both for different reasons. The first one is nice, it has a twilight feel to it, but I love the texture of the surface of the moon in the one you PS'ed. I haven't "shot the moon" since I got my 20D, i think i'll try this weekend too, see how my old 75-300 compares to your L glass. nice shots!

Nice capture...the moon is one of my favorite to photograph

I had a little play with Randogs original image after he's pointed out it was shot in daylight! :lol:

I actually like the original especially the dark warmth of the moon! Just another "enviroment" for it! Hope you don't mind?

randogsdaymoon7ln.jpg

No I don't mind at all, this post has been very fun and interactive. The different variations of my image you guys are coming up with are great. I really like your version because it is probably the closest to what I seen in my viewfinder.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Hey now, thanks for "playing around" with Randog's moon over and again, says Never-gets-the-moon-right (me).
I say so because all your editions of the original photo show up for me, while the original photo has for days been and still is today just the Red-X-of-death... And when everyone started to praise the photo, I was so disappointed that I was not seeing it. Now I do ... in editions, but I can tell that *sob-sob* this is the moon-photo I have aspired to for ages now *sob-sob* with no success :cry: :cry: :cry:...

;););););)

God this is too funny. Actually, all told, I like the daytime one best... seems much more unique. At this rate though we're eventually going to wind up with a rendition that is green and has a big face on it. :)

Oh btw, Randog, I noticed your new edit has some sort of dark halo around it... not necessarily a big deal, but just figured I'd point it out inc ase you didn't notice. Wasn't sure if it was a wild sharpening artifact or something actually inthe exposure?

Most reactions

Back