Shopping Carts and Shiz.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay... so I'm getting the impression that Zenfolio and Smugmug force you to order through whatever lab their affiliated with (Mpix for Zenfolio and some Premier something or other lab for Smugmug?), is that accurate?

If that's the case, do any of you use a... I dunno what you'd call it... shopping cart? Photo hosting that allows orders?... that *doesn't* require you to go through ANY lab? One that just sends the order to you to place?

What are you using and/or what do you recommend?

KTHANKSBYEEEEEE!

:biggrin:

I'm just replying to this thread to make my prediction in facebook chat come true :lol:

I already messaged you there with what I found, but I'm going to post it here as well in case anyone else is looking for a similar proofing + ordering solution.

I've found a couple proofing + cart scripts for you to check out.

ProofBuddy » Online proofing software for professional photographers
^This one, you can download a lite version that's free and try it out. I think the free version limits the number of albums you can have. The upgrade is a one time cost of $150. There are themes and such to change how it looks. I haven't played with this one personally.

www.photographyorders.com
^This has a demo on the website, so you can try it out from both the photographer's side and as a client. Clients get private galleries where they log in to view proofs and select images. You can set your prices, and the client's order info goes to you. It directs the client to paypal for payment. This one is a one time cost of $195.

I like the second one, looks very easy to use on both sides, and looks cleaner than what I've seen of the first link.

PhotoCart by PicturesPro does what you want. It is a one time fee and you just upload everything to your existing website (you'll need FTP access)

Zenfolio with one of the premium accounts does not force you to print through Mpix. You can still run the sales through the Zen cart, but print it yoursellf (ie use a lab of your choice). I do this with some of my client mechanical/industrial imagery work where a specialized print is needed.

CCericola said:
PhotoCart by PicturesPro does what you want. It is a one time fee and you just upload everything to your existing website (you'll need FTP access)

Thanks! I'll check that out!

Joey_Ricard said:
Zenfolio with one of the premium accounts does not force you to print through Mpix. You can still run the sales through the Zen cart, but print it yoursellf (ie use a lab of your choice). I do this with some of my client mechanical/industrial imagery work where a specialized print is needed.

I didn't realize that, I'll have to go back and look into it again! ^_^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back