Shot of my daughter looking out of the window (C+C)

Rocketman1978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How would this have been better? Make the dog the subject, leaving her OOF and the dog IF? Any other ideas? As with any 16 month old, I didn't have a lot of time, literally saw the shot, grabbed my camera and got it before she moved.

Last edited:
where's the shot?

Looks like another "white out". Brutal winter. LOL!

I looked at it on your 365 blog. I dunno...maybe do a focus throw, and put the two images side-by-side in one frame? I think it works as-is. But yeah, you MIGHT have gotten away with throwing the focus to the dog in the background, and allowing her to be OOF in the foreground. Kind of a tricky situation. You only get a few seconds for these kinds of shots, then they disappear.

I looked at it on your 365 blog. I dunno...maybe do a focus throw, and put the two images side-by-side in one frame? I think it works as-is. But yeah, you MIGHT have gotten away with throwing the focus to the dog in the background, and allowing her to be OOF in the foreground. Kind of a tricky situation. You only get a few seconds for these kinds of shots, then they disappear.
Sorry guys, I can't get TPF to agree with my photo size and allow display. I don't post many pictures here so you could say I'm out of touch with how to best display a photo. Working on it as we speak. :-\

On a side note, yes the image was posted on my 365. Thanks Derrel for the comments. I considered making the dog the focus, however like you said, I had to act fast. Honestly if I hadn't said the image in the distance was a dog, you probably wouldn't have known given how OOF it is.

Thanks!

Overall I love the shot - I think the out of focus dog might be a bit distracting. At least I think that's a dog... lol. But other than that it's a really great shot.

Overall I love the shot - I think the out of focus dog might be a bit distracting. At least I think that's a dog... lol. But other than that it's a really great shot.
HA, I'm with you, had I not mentioned it you definitely would have some doubt. I shot at 7.1 which in retrospect I wish I had done differently so the dog is more recognizable. I tried to get my daughter to do it again so I could retake, you can understand how that didn't work out in my favor, lol.

I did make the dog's color pop a bit from the original image, because the dog is the secondary subject in the shot I wanted her to pop a little more than she did.

Thanks for your input! :thumbup:

HA, I'm with you, had I not mentioned it you definitely would have some doubt. I shot at 7.1 which in retrospect I wish I had done differently so the dog is more recognizable. I tried to get my daughter to do it again so I could retake, you can understand how that didn't work out in my favor, lol.

I did make the dog's color pop a bit from the original image, because the dog is the secondary subject in the shot I wanted her to pop a little more than she did.

No worries, like I said it's still a great shot. The silhouette is magnificent.

No worries, like I said it's still a great shot. The silhouette is magnificent.
Yeah I was very pleased at the sharpness of the silhouette, I especially love the ruffles on her shirt and strands of hair. You can see a larger version by clicking 2/9/14 on my 365 blog.

Its amazing how just a silhouette of your own can make your heart melt.

Most reactions

Back