Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos from around Philadelphia that I took as I was strolling around town on Thursday (when we had 60-degree weather for about 24 hours before the temperature dropped back down to the 30's again :confused: ). I took these mainly to test my new Canon Elan 7N with 50mm f/1.8 lens. The results are pretty nice. I touched the colors of the photos up a bit in Photoshop mainly because the scanner I used didn't seem to produce very good colors (although it may have been the film, i dunno). This was also my first time using slide film. They were shot on Kodak Elite Chrome 200iso. I may post some more in the future but I have to leave right now so I don't have time. Hope you like them. Comments are welcome.
RiverToMuseum.jpg

SegerColor.jpg

RefurbishingOriginal.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I like the third one best too. The main subject I was shooting at here is that old beat-up building that says "New Lofts For Sale", which came out really well in the way it was highlighted by the afternoon sun. (BTW I think they're working on refurbishing that building; they're not actually going to sell it like that lol). Below is an edited version that I made as I was playing around in Photoshop that draws even more attention to the building and the ominous purple sky (I can't remember if the sky really was that purple that day or if it was the film, the scanner, or my photoshop touch-ups that brought out that color in it). I've also always wanted to try some selective coloring on my images like this. I really like this edited version.
The next image below it is one I took of a flag outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art to finish off the roll. I like it just because it came out pretty nice in terms of the sharpness and the color :)
Enjoy...
RefurbishingFinal.jpg

FlagWeb.jpg

Here's one more... I think this is my favorite of all. Taken from the same roll of slides. It wasn't really that dark when I took the picture, but after the camera exposed the image for the sky and I brought the darks down even more in Photoshop, it ended up looking virtually like night-time.
Shilouette.jpg

Most reactions

Back