Shots from recent maternity session

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd give it a go - let me know what you think! Thanks!

IMG_5820RT.jpg

IMG_5862RTCOL.jpg

IMG_5782RT.jpg

1 is nice but I really like the 2nd one. What was your lighting set up?

Thanks!

The first one is one strobe, an Alienbee B800, set off to my right, almost directly in front of her.

The second was pretty much just flat lighting with two B800's to get a higher key look.

I tweaked the lighting a little bit with levels in PS, but other than that, that's pretty much it.

I know how hard studio lighting can be. Looks great. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks again! I hope I explained it OK - it's hard to explain really. I believe I shot #1 at 1/100 at ISO 100 with an apt. of 5.6.

The second one was the same only with an added light - I can't believe they are the same! I thought for sure I adjusted things. Weird. :)

I love the third, So creative. What a fun idea!

I love the third, So creative. What a fun idea!

Thanks so much! We had a TON of fun with this session - her hubby was really active in it as well. I wish all models were as gracious as she - I can't wait till her little guy comes (she's due any day) so we can take photos of him! :)

I love these shots! I'm not fond of maternity shots, but these are lovely. They have a lot of emotional impact. 3 is a really cute idea!

A couple ideas that I have are on 1, a hair light would help tremendously to remove her head from the background. Her hair just blends right in.

2: I loooove this shot. The selective color is just lovely in this photo.

3: There is a distracting projection coming out of the hand on the top left of the photo. I am not quite sure what it is, but maybe you should clone it out?

The last one is confusing to me because I cant tell where the hands are comming from and what position the women is in. Just somethign that bugs me

I love these shots! I'm not fond of maternity shots, but these are lovely. They have a lot of emotional impact. 3 is a really cute idea!

A couple ideas that I have are on 1, a hair light would help tremendously to remove her head from the background. Her hair just blends right in.

2: I loooove this shot. The selective color is just lovely in this photo.

3: There is a distracting projection coming out of the hand on the top left of the photo. I am not quite sure what it is, but maybe you should clone it out?

Thanks for the comments - I agree on a hair light, I have tried to use one in the past, but my studio is in my basement and unfortunately the ceilings are pretty low. :( I'm not trying to make excuses - does anyone know what to do with low ceilings?

In the third pictures that's the top of her camisole and shoulder coming out of her hand - good point. I see it now! I'll have to clone that out.

The last one is confusing to me because I cant tell where the hands are comming from and what position the women is in. Just somethign that bugs me

Thanks Erave - I see where you're coming from - it can be a little confusing, I'll keep that in mind. Maybe I can do something with it in PS.

Thanks everyone!

OOH Jasper is one of the names I wanted to use if my daughter was a boy but of course, she's a girl so that didnt work out oto well. lol
I like that use of the blocks I've never seen them that way. I also like the idea with the flowiness in number one. Cool!

OOH Jasper is one of the names I wanted to use if my daughter was a boy but of course, she's a girl so that didnt work out oto well. lol
I like that use of the blocks I've never seen them that way. I also like the idea with the flowiness in number one. Cool!

Thanks again for more comments! It's always appreciated! She was way stoked about the blocks - and the first picture was actually her idea - She was a great model!

Most reactions

Back