Shots from the Park today

PatrickCheung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i went to the park today to chill with a friend, decided to bring my camera. anyway, here are the photos I took. the ones of my friend arent really that serious, he just wanted some pictures of him doing funky things... so i know there are gonna be lots of flaws and i didn't really bother to fix my mistakes while photoshopping them. i'm more worried about my grasshoppers though. they came out kinda blurry since the thing kept moving and i dont shoot moving objects often. any tips on that? anyway here are the pictures, C&C very welcome!

ISO: 200
1/150 f5.3
focal lenght: 35mm
daryl3croppedandcoloura.jpg

1/250 f8
exp. comp.:-1 (wups... left that by accident. that's the reason why he's a bit underexposed)
Focal Length: 55mm
darylbeggingcroppedandc.jpg

1/200 f5.6
exp. comp.: -1 (same reason as above...)
Focal Lenght: 50mm
grasshoppercroppedandco.jpg

1/60 f5.6
Focal Length: 55mm
grasshopper4croppedandc.jpg

same info as above picture
grasshopper3croppedandc.jpg

love the grasshopper shots! :D i've still yet to find a silly bug that will sit still long enough for me to take a shot of. :(

#2 had potential in my opinion perhaps at a different angle

haha it was a cool grasshopper :]

alright, my biggest worry is that the shots look a little too processed... does anyone think that? one of my friends say i could've done more with the colour, one of them says i should darken some of the pictures to set a mood, and some say i shouldn't have photoshopped them at all (especially the grasshoppers). i'm really confused haha

The last grasshopper shot looks good. The other ones seem like you focused on the wood more than the grasshopper.

whatsup with the glasses without lenses.

The first 2 are basically snapshots and seem to have a white balance issue.

In the grasshopper shots it looks like you missed focus on the first two and the third one is almost over processed.

The grasshopper shots needed to be tighter to the grasshopper. You may want to think about getting a long micro lens in the future.

yeah i definately missed the grasshopper in these :( i'm bad at shooting moving things :p okay so third grass hopper is over processed, what about the other two? should i just leave them un edited? and yeah, i want a macro lens :( any lens to recommend?

Most reactions

Back