Shots Of "Bad" Wedding Moments

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every wedding has at least one irrate little boy or a face full of tears or a tense moment. Do you tend to take pictures when the bad stuff happens or do you avoid the situation to alleviate stress? I try to get the bad moments without adding anything additional to an already tough situation. After the moment is done, it seems like those pictures tend to bring a laugh.
Do you guys take the risk and take the shot or leave it alone?

Every situation is a judgment call. If it's something that will be funny later, I'll probably get a quick photo or two...but if it's something that will only bring back bad memories, then I'll probably not shoot it. Either way, I certainly try to stay out of the way rather than turning into a paparazzi.

speaking from experience as a my sister's matron of honor...my niece TOTALLY freaked out when it came time to walking down the aisle as the flower girl. she cried. screamed. and then all out just left. of course, during the wedding everyone is embarrased for her, her mom, the bride, well, everyone. But the photographer got a shot of it and it's totally cute and my sister (the bride) LOVES it now because not only is it a (somewhat ridiculous but funny) wedding memory but it's a good memory simply because she's her niece.
probably totally depends on the actual situation, but I'd think in most cases, especially if kids are concerned, they'd turn out to be good memory pics rather than bad memories.

One time I was walking down a busy downtown street with the groom and groomsmen. Across the street, a homeless looking lady pulled down her pants and urinated, in full view. I snapped one photo and left it at that. I was 2nd shooting on this one...so I have no idea if that shot ever made it back to the B&G...probably not. :lol:

i was 2nd camera @ a wedding in Los Cabos, B.C.S. Mexico (where i lived for a year learning the trade of wedding photography), we where right on the beach and a HUGE wave came and took down half the people, all the chairs, the terrace and five cameras that where in a pelican case by the B&G. So overall, we lost the bride's grandma in the ocean took her 35 min. to get out and all the chairs, and the videogrpaher's bag and the case of five of our 1D's...

it was quite an evening...

This is why I dont shoot weddings...

At a friends wedding we were shooting there was a fight outside, although none of us new about it until it was all done, turned out to be the groom and the grooms brother. It was 8:30 at night and the brother was wasted. Didn't get a shot of any of it, but kinda funny none the less. The bartender came out and made mention that if the brother comes back in-then the bar is CLOSED-LOL. Trailer trash to say the least-:)

At my sisters wedding the best man, the grooms 15yo brother managed to drop the ring then step on it. It was quite funny and someone said "good going, "dropsy." His family never lets thing go; needles to say there are photos of that event all over the house!

I think most people find those things funny in hindsight, so you could group those photos into a "oops" category and deliver then separately from the rest of the shots. Hey if there are enough, you could offer and "oops" album."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back