Should I ask for my money back?

How much did the "photographer" charge for this shoot?

£125 for 4 shoots with free print from each and then £50 per shoot for CD.

We really had this coming. Thanks for letting me vent though everyone

So for roughly $300 Canadian you ended up with pictures you don't like. Well unfortunately this is the lack of quality that is being done and passed off as photography these days thanks to digital and everyone wanting to make money with new found "professional passion" I would cancel the rest of the shoots, and tell them and anyone else that will listen how unhappy you have been with the photographs. The only way for these "professionals" to learn is when the customers let other people know that they are really aren't very good.

If I were you I would not ask for my money back but I would definitely let the photographer know you were unhappy and not do the rest of the shoots you have lined up.

I live up the road and i wouldn't do it for that, they are probably some of the worst i have seen , if they were shooting with studio flash there is nothing wrong with F8 1/125

I wouldn't ask for my money back, I'd tell them I want a reshoot. You paid their fee because you wanted the photographs more than you wanted the money, and they are claiming to be professional photographers. I would tell them that you paid for professional-quality results and are not seeing that in the images they provided so you expect them to reshoot them, and continue to do so, until the results are at the level of professionalism they profess to have. If they can't provide the expected quality, they are free to hire a true professional photographer, at their expense, to complete the project.

Oh wow, so you paid in full up front? Hmmm. I'd ask for a do over and see what they say. Just good business sense, they should want u to be happy as that brings them referrals.

Hope u end up satisfied in some way. Sorry this happened.

Last edited:
Im with Imagemaker46 on this one. I see a reshoot as being fairly pointless. if you weren't happy with the pictures the first time, what difference will there be NEXT time that will improve their picture taking skills? if there was no contract stating what you would get however, I see there being little to no recourse. (maybe try judge joe brown) :lol: I would definitely say something to the photographer. ideally? ask for a refund. MAYBE get a partial refund for the shoots not done yet. realistically? consider this a lesson in hiring a photographer and move on. Word of mouth can be really good OR really bad for a photographer. remind them of that.

^^^ unfortunately...this

If the deal was that u pay whether u are satisfied or not, probably not going to get a refund or do over. But, as u say pixmedic, if they want referrals....

How could this go on in any other business? Lol Where U pay up front and too bad to you if you don't like what you bought. That's just wrong. If they have integrity, they will offer to shoot again for free or give u a partial refund.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to ask him for a full refund on the 3 shoots left and a partial refund on the 1st shoot and CD.

Lesson learnt!!! Its a shame though. Now, we will not have any professional pictures of our daughter as a newborn as she is now 4 months old. Quite upsetting for us both.

We will have to rely on the ones i've taken, which are far from a pro standard :(

...We will have to rely on the ones i've taken, which are far from a pro standard :(
Perhaps, BUT, at least you have them, and you have the memory of capturing them. In fifteen years when she brings home her first boyfriend with long hair, and a bone through his nose ( ;) ) all this will be forgotten!

How much did the "photographer" charge for this shoot?

£125 for 4 shoots with free print from each and then £50 per shoot for CD.

We really had this coming. Thanks for letting me vent though everyone
Tell you what, for round-trip airfare, a few nights on your couch, meals and you-buy-the-beer, I can be on a plane tomorrow to reshoot for you!

John's starting a bidding war. I"ll buy my own beer ;)

Ok, I'll play. You pick up the airfare and give me a couch for 1 night, 3 meals and I'll bring homemade brownies for dessert. Here's some of my previous work for example:

Harper, 1 year

Harper, 9 months

Harper, 6 months

So, do we have a deal? :sexywink:

In all honesty I can't see myself paying for those photos myself. Focus issues, subject issues...it is just not pleasing to look at :(

my bid: I will skip the beer, and cook some really good meals for you!

OP... the shots you got are very typical of the new breed of "PROFESSIONAL" photographers today. Most have entry level gear, and even less knowledge! See a lot of that...

Most reactions

Back