Should I buy a non-US dslr camera?

prowland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been looking online and have found some really great prices on a Canon 60d for $449 for the body only and one for $469 with a 1yr U.S. 3rd party warranty. I was wondering if this was something I need to run away from or if it really could be this good of a deal?!?!

The difference between the US and non US body is about $300.

What could be the problems from buying a non US camera be? Would I be able to select english in the menu screen?

Thanks in advance!

The US cameras come with a 1yr warranty? Is the $300 savings worth skipping the warranty?

Thanks

Are these deals on Ebay or something? The words third party warranty make me want to run. I don't trust the deal at all. The price difference on a US/non US 60D shouldn't be more than $20 or $30 at most.

NON US electronics are usually come with cords for chargers set up on 220 volt and not 110. that would be a major difference to me and there really shouldnt be a huge difference in price considering all the gear comes from china.

The price difference on a US/non US 60D shouldn't be more than $20 or $30 at most.

This. Go to B&H's website and look at the difference in price between US and import. It's never enough of a difference to sway me to purchase grey market. The deal you're talking about is basically a 60D at half price. I don't see it. But I do smell it, and it smells like the sea side.

I don't know if I am allowed to link to other websites but buyherephoto.com has the Canon EOS 60D SLR camera body with one year US warranty for $469. Another websit had a deal where I could get the 60D, 2 batteries, 2 x 2g memory cards, canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 for ~$750 shipped.

These prices are much lower than what I can find local.

I think I will be avoiding them after a quick google search about the websites! Now where is the best place to purchase a EOS 60D with the 18-135mm lens?

These prices are much lower than what I can find local.

Which is why it screams "SCAM!!!!!!" Look at reputable dealers (B&H, Adorama, hell, even Amazon) and you'll see they all charge about the same price. When you see someone undercutting them by several hundred dollars, it's a scam.

Now where is the best place to purchase a EOS 60D with the 18-135mm lens?
There is no one 'best' place.

There is no such thing as a free lunch

Any reputable online seller will work. I highly recommend www.b&hphotovideo, with www.adorama.com a close second.

You can sometimes save a little by buying from Amazon.com when the item ships from and is sold by Amazon.com - Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD Standard Zoom Lens

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the tips and sites to order from! You all have saved me some serious headaches!!! Now I will post a what would you by thread so I can get some more suggestions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back