Should I continue or stop?

Haha its funny that you mention martial arts Dionysus because I am currently a 1st dan in Taekwondo and definitely know about sticking with it.

ya thats why i know about the 3 month hump very well. I've been in martial arts for almost my whole life. the longest stretch has been chen taiji and yin bagua at 10 years. Then iaido, and shinkendo. I've seasoned throughout the years with various other arts as well like muay thai, hung gar, and aikido but not as long. point is, there will always be times where you question the time and effort you put in, regardless of the activity.

like lafoto says, you dont have to have that urge to go out all the time to like photography. but i'm sure there will be moments where you wish you had a good camera, and will regret it if you sell yours. i have the opposite problem as you...i WANT to go out all the time, but with work, and two kids, i find myself never having enough time in the day.

To the OP, you're on a photo forum surrounded by obsessed photo geeks, but that doesn't mean you have to be one too. Hold on to your camera; use it when it sounds fun, leave it behind when it's not.

As stated in some earlier posts, winter sucks for taking pictures, yes there are great opportunities and you should jump on them all. But it's so discouraging when there isn't a "pretty sky" or trees with new leaves, or a nice warm sunrise to welcome you in the morning to take a picture of. But I think this is really time that should be spent trying to improve technical skills, and learning some lighting techniques. I honestly can't imagine not having my camera. It grows on you, you just gotta give it some time. Some it grows faster than others. Just keep shooting, and keep trying to fill your brain with information that is really going to be useful to you. Find something you really LOVE to shoot and focus merely on that. If you love it it wont ever get boring. Just keep it up and hopefully you'll decide that photography is right for you. Im 16 and I have a dying passion for this, and don't ever want to give it up. Good luck.
-Rob

Look... if you thought buying a higher end camera would help you get women naked, photography ain't for you.

That said, I've taken my share of nudes... some less... umm... artistic... than others. I've just never seen photography as a way to see naked women.

Now, if you're interested in more than that, as others have pointed out, winter isn't a great time for outdoor photography... the light is watered down, even on a sunny day. You're unlikely to get "Kodachrome" type photos during this time...

I think you've taken some nice images (based on what you posted here)... keep at it a while, summer will be better to you.

if you don't absolutely love it, don't push yourself into it. keep a camera around for those times when you are inspired. we all have creative days and those that you don't even want to touch the camera. for me, photography is a passion and i couldn't imagine not having that outlet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back