Should I get a 24-70mm or a 70-200mm mug?

domu221

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I don't know if I posted this in the right section cause it could be an off-topic thread but then again its may also belong to Nikon accessories (I saw someone's thread here looking for Nikon hats).

So which do you guys suggest? 24-70mm doesnt have a bottle neck, while the 70-200mm has one but also has a lens-hood-with-cap cover.

Both are zoomable but I think only the 24-70mm is mountable on a Nikon F-Mount DSLR.

It depends on how much focal length you will need in your coffee...

Is this a serious question? Because its quite ridiculous...
yeah though it might not seem like it at first like that other guy months ago looking for a nikon hat but i kinda just want to know which of these two mugs looks better.

24-70for espresso and 70-200 for regular coffee. JMO.

^^^^^^that
biggrin.gif

Please let me know where you find a deal on the 70-200 mug. Even though my 24-70 is my go-to 90% of the time, models outdoors look best in front of the 70-200 heh

Kudos for posting about the most unusual Nikon accessories! It gave me a laugh. And I prefer the 24-70mm as my walkabout mug and for long trips I would use the 70-200mm mug. Looks more convenient for its "other" purpose. And in any case, if any of these gets stolen, the thief will be in for a surprise.:D

Both are zoomable but I think only the 24-70mm is mountable on a Nikon F-Mount DSLR.

I'smnot sure whether I like to mount it on my Nikon body as it would be a very expensive mug holder but it's interesting to note that if I press video, the body's sensor can warm my coffee in around ten minutes. :lol:

Last edited:
Dude--come ON MAN! Get the 24-70 mug. I mean, seriously? Who doesn't know that a wide-angle to short telephoto mug is MUCH more-versatile and just "better" than a straight tele-mug? With the 24 to 70 mug, you can drink hot chocolate, tea, OR coffee...it has beverage flexibility!!!! The tele-mug is good for COFFEE ONLY. Geeze. This one is a no-brainer!

It's just more proof that Nikon is ignoring the DX users... where is the DX mug!!!!!!!!

TheLost said:
or 27oz for us DX users...

Now that's a smart comment!
You made coffee come out my nose!

But hey OP.
Can you send me a link to where to get these lens?
I have looked at these on eBay and the ones there seem like junk compared to these ones.

Oh and this post is totally suitable here.
Where is it supposed to go?
Under the "Nikon morning energy supply travel container thread"?
Fun post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Do they make a 800 F5.6 mug yet? I'm sober and I drink large quantities of coffee :)

Someone's gonna break into your car if you leave that in the cupholder ...and be damned pissed it's just a coffee cup. :p

Most reactions

Back