Should I get rid of my 18-200mm Nikkor tele?

KmH, with all due respect I am quite capable of making my own decisions, thanks very much. ;) I merely asked questions here to clarify your prior answer to this question. The other link you posted did describe a couple of minor weaknesses of the 18-200mm lens, but that review also "highly recommended" the 18-200mm lens which makes me unsure of selling it.

Is it a crime for me to come back here asking for additional clarification? I simply wanted to know if others own the 70-300mm lens and what their experience is with it versus the 18-200mm lens.

Abundans cautela non nocet. :thumbup:

KmH, with all due respect I am quite capable of making my own decisions, thanks very much. ;) I merely asked questions here to clarify your prior answer to this question. The other link you posted did describe a couple of minor weaknesses of the 18-200mm lens, but that review also "highly recommended" the 18-200mm lens which makes me unsure of selling it.

Is it a crime for me to come back here asking for additional clarification? I simply wanted to know if others own the 70-300mm lens and what their experience is with it versus the 18-200mm lens.

Abundans cautela non nocet. :thumbup:

I own The Nikkor 70-300 mm VR lens and the Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 also. Now the question you should ask yourself is how much more do you need the extra 100mm and how much would you use that 100mm? I don't think you would use it that much myself but you are different than me. I also have the Tamron 200-500mm and don't use it that much. I use my Tokina 12-24mm f/4 and my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 the most. Does that help? Oh I just bought the Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 and wow what a sharp lens. What camera are you shooting?

RRRoger's advice is sound. "Don't sell it until you have tried other lens". My advice is "don't sell to adorama". That is where I buy stuff, not sell stuff.

Buy the lens you want / need. Try it out and compare it to your 18-200. You can send it back to adorama or sell the 18-200 (preferably locally).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back