Should I get this? (20D + 24-105)

my*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a guy selling some Canon stuff on Craigs list.
Canon 20D -$650
Canon 24-105mm L -$950
Canon 50mm 1.4 - $250

He says the 24-105 lens is less than a year old and in new condition. At first I was not interested in the 20D since I had my heart set on the 30D but I am now considering it. He said make me an offer on the 20D + 24-105mm lens. What would you offer? (assuming it is in very good condition)

20D is effectively the same as 30D. The 24-105mm is a great lens, as is the 50mm 1.4.

New they would be:

30D = $1,120
24-105 = $1,059
50mm 1.4 = $300

Prices from B&H, net of taxes and shipping. Assuming you don't live in NY you can disregard taxes, and add about $50 for shipping. That's only about $150 discount for lenses (fair but still top dollar for used) and $500 less for what you'd pay for a new 30D.

Meh, the price is ok, but no great bargain. Offer him $1,500 for all of it, be willing to pay $1,600.

...and do your own pricing research, I can't believe I was silly enough to spend 20 minutes of my own time doing your work for you :)

I have done the price searching on the new stuff. I just don't know what used stuff goes for from a private party. To me the price seemed high but I have nothing to reference it with, hence my thread.

Prices look good. Used Ls are not normally too far removed from new prices.

I love my 20D & 24-105!!!

MG_87111.jpg

Forth-Road-Bridge2.jpg

I don't want to go off-topic, but... EOS JD - in the second shot (the bridge), did you use a filter of some sort?

No filter used. A merge of 2 images though - just to stop the bright sky from burning completely.

Yes both with 24-105. the Forth Roqad Bridge shot was actually the first taken with the lens. I had just acquired it and went for a run to North Queensferry. Set up and shot this as the last of the evening light was going. Tripod used though I must say as the exposures were pretty long.

The wedding shot was taken using just a pop of flash at 1/20th sec f4. I edited in photoshop with a slight diffused glow effect.

Very flexible lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back