Should I, shouldn't I ? If so how?

Aakajx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I was thinking about starting a Facebook page just to share pictures with the riders that I have took of them..
mainly because I was told by the Vice President of the club that there was a guy that was doing photography there for months. And the riders and the club never seen one photo. So now I'm thinking should I make a page?

I don't feel good enough to call myself a photographer.. But maybe the riders may like the pictures anyway..?
I don't know what to do.. To me I look at the pictures and I don't think they are great. But I don't want to be talked about like the last guy. I did tell the club I'm not a professional and I will be practicing and they where fine with that.

Anyway.. If I was to set up a page.. I have no idea how to set up a page correctly and should I tag the photos? Any tips? What's your advice?

Thanks

You could. Or you could ask them all for their emails and just email them all. Or you could set up picassa albums and email a link. The latter 2 are more private than Facebook. Also the picassa album allows full quality downloads for print if required

When you say "riders", what are we talking about?

Horses?

Motorcycles?

Bicycles?

I won't speak to two of those, but I know more than a few bikers (motorcycles), and they're not spending a Helluva' lot of time on Facebook...

FB doesn't seem the appropriate place for it, how about the forum of the club itself?

When you say "riders", what are we talking about?

Horses?

Motorcycles?

Bicycles?

I won't speak to two of those, but I know more than a few bikers (motorcycles), and they're not spending a Helluva' lot of time on Facebook...

Dirtbikes.

Aakajx, I post photos on Facebook for people that I ride with. Trust me. Riders love photos of themselves. lol, good, bad or ugly doesn't matter. Keep shooting and have fun.

I don't know anything about Facebook, but perhaps if you get some pictures posted, then the club members will make a point of looking there.

Maybe they would rather get them via e-mail.

The point is; start posting them someplace.

I take photos of my kids soccer games or school events and put all the pics up on Flick.com for all the parents

I organize them into "SETS" which is one event

here's my flickr sets for an example
stevesklar's photosets on Flickr

FYI - I don't put a logo on any picture and they are free use for anyone.

Sure, posting them for the riders is a fine idea.

Doing it on FB? *I* have a FB photography page, which means pretty much any dummy can set one up :lol: but if the majority of people you're trying to share them with aren't ON FB, that won't do them a fat lot of good.

Flickr, picasa and other photo-sharing sites like that would probably be the better choice. I haven't used picasa in years, but in Flickr, you could just make a "set" for each event and then email or otherwise share the link with anyone who might be interested in seeing them. As far as I know, they wouldn't have to register for picasa or flickr to view the photos.

EDIT: AstroNikon just ninja'd me, but yeah...what he said. :D

Most reactions

Back