Should've brought a telephoto lens (a shot of Mt. Fuji)

daggah

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is how I learned to bring telephoto lenses with me on landscape photography trips. This is a pretty heavy crop from my OM-D at 40mm on my 12-40 2.8 lens. I'm still happy with it though.

Mt. Fuji, from Mt. Takao by davidgevert, on Flickr

I felt that centering the mountain in my frame, while usually a compositional "no-no," made perfect sense to me here because Mt. Fuji is such a dominant part of Japan's geography.

I don't think centering really hurts the image overall sense you have leading lines from the mountains/hills in the foreground. I don't dislike like it for the centering to put it another way.

No I don't think telephoto lens will really help that much. At that distance, your photo will have more atmospheric moisture(humidity) than a clear view of your subject. Try to get closer next time.

No I don't think telephoto lens will really help that much. At that distance, your photo will have more atmospheric moisture(humidity) than a clear view of your subject. Try to get closer next time.

The point of the trip wasn't to get a shot of Mt. Fuji, it was to hike Mt. Takao. Getting physically closer wasn't an option on this occasion.

The image comes across as soft and flat.
While it may in truth be level, the image appears to slant to the right.
I don't think the square crop does anything for the image.

p55350360-4.jpg

It's a nice image for a heavy crop. I think a little more TLC in post would help considerably.

Leveled slightly.
16:9 aspect ratio crop.
Reset black point.
Slight shadow recovery and desaturation.
Noise reduction.
Sharpening.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back