Showing Portfolio on CD - Resize or No ?

craige4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I am selected for an interview as an photographer in an cruise ship. Now, how shall i show my portfolio?

I plan to copy all photos on an CD and show them... is it ok? Also, do i need to resize the photos in photoshop like 4x6, 5x7 etc... and burn to CD or i can show them in their original size...

I'd do something different and put all your photos on a DVD set to music. But then again, I am married to a video editor.

If you are just showing them on a screen, there is probably no need to change the aspect ratio to 5x7 or 8x10 etc.

If you can, you should use actual prints.

Well... i am short of time... so i cant print.... i am supposed to use CD to show my work.... but on their computer screen.... me not carrying a laptop with me as i dont own one....

Any problem... :(

I will try 2 get it print if i get time..... now, if i print sum Top 6-9 photos how shall i present them? Loose will be fine ? OR shall i go with normal albums tht are sold everywhere ? - Please Assist

PS: I dont want to super impress the employer! so ok things will do....

Bring them in a Black folder with dark gray acid free paper separating them. I'm sure that would be very impressive.

However, showing them on disc would also be fine. Or, you could upload them to Flickr and just use their built in slideshow.

i would export them to the proper screen size you will be showing on if you are doing the showing, otherwise you may have jaggies.....

You many want to save at various resolutions. Ratio doesn't matter so long as the composition is good.

Save the images so that when viewed on screen they look good at 100%.

On my 1600 x 1050 screen, I find images that are a max of 800px on the long edge work well.

This way you are viewing the images at 100% size and you don't have to zoom in/out to see them properly.

The ratio (whether 10x8 or 7x5) only affects composition. the number of pixels is more important to be able to see the image at 100% on the screen without having to zoom.

Well... i am short of time... so i cant print.... i am supposed to use CD to show my work.... but on their computer screen.... me not carrying a laptop with me as i dont own one....

Any problem... :(

Prints are way better for showing your work . "A good bigun beats a good littleun any time"...
BUT if they have specified CD/DVD . you should use that medium . If they have given an instruction as to the way in which your work is to be presented and you show up with other ideas.... It wo'nt matter how good your images are, they will not hire anyone who can't follow simple instructions....

Most reactions

Back