osumisan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
motionshooter.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$i-tb4dtnq-X3.jpg$i-JcqScgf-X3.jpg

Does anyone have a program where they can tell me the amount of actuations on my camera bodies? Photo of tree is camera 1 and photo of lamp with tree in back is camera 2. I want to sell one but need to know the shutter counts on each. These photos are unedited, straight from the camera.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Depends on the exact model. Most of them it is in the EXIF data of every photograph you shoot, but unfortunately the D200 does not. Google "d200 shutter actuations" and there are a number of solutions.

Download Opanda.... it'll tell you (if the actuations are recorded).

The first picture, BTW was shot with a camera with 174575 actuations :)

Hope you mean 17475? as a camera with over 100,000 and approaching 200,000 loses quite a resale value. But still banging away could double that shutter count. But has already passed rated shutter life.

Hope you mean 17475? as a camera with over 100,000 and approaching 200,000 loses quite a resale value. But still banging away could double that shutter count. But has already passed rated shutter life.

Depends on the camera. Some shutters easily reach 300k before it's time to think about retiring them.

The first picture, BTW was shot with a camera with 174575 actuations :)

Last year a fellow of mine sold his old D200. Shutter count was something about 350.000!! And the camera was working just perfect!

Did the person buying it know it was 300,000? Love the D200 but wouldn't touch one above 50,000 as there is no need to as most are in the 10k-50k range. For me six figures indicates a lot of burst FPS use which generally deteriorates the shutter assembly that much faster than single clicks.

But always happy to hear any digital camera reaching six figures and still a click'in! ;)

I am going to be very blunt, sorry, who would want to buy either

Remember people shutter limits on cameras are only a very rough estimation. Some cameras go way beyond their limits and others die well before them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back