condrew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I was just wondering how sensitive are shutter blades to break or how can i accidentally cause any damage to them.
I purchased Nikon FM2(n) in a very good shape to try film photography and by mistake, I touched the blades while loading a film. The shutter is working just fine, I just have a bad feeling about it.
Thank you for any respond!

Have a nice day everyone.

Metal blades are normally titanium, and if all you've done is touch it, should be fine. If there was any damage, I would expect it to be instantly apparent. The fact it's still working makes me think all is good.

Shoot a test roll and see how it does; takes pictures of some thing(s) that if the pictures don't turn out it won't be the end of the world.

Thanks for your fast replies! I have version with aluminum shutter and the fact that the camera has fastest speed of 1/4000 makes me think it's kind of special and sensitive to break.

The blades on vertical-plane shutters are pretty strong. You really need to push them fairly far to pop them out of the slots ... though don't stick your fingers in it while firing the shutter.
I have pulled blades back into the slot many times, after a customer did actually slip and put their thumb right through them while loaded the film.

Just don't do it with a horizontal shutter.
121315_0038_canonf1orig1.jpg

Most reactions

Back