Shutter Control for Nikon?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't have much luck with Google, and I tried a search on the forum here...

Trying to figure out how to get advanced control of my Nikon D5100, whether it's software like Magic Lantern, or some sort of hardware, I want your inputs/suggestion and your experience with the method.

I want an automated method to take more than 3 bracketed shots, or time lapses throughout the night. Additional features certainly welcome.

Note, I am aware of Nikon's built in interval capabilities, I'm just wondering if there's a way to streamline the process and/or have more options.

Thanks!

Hum...place the camera in continuous mode and then use a shutter release cable and lock it in the on position.

Not certain how sophisticated the D5100's built in intervalometer is, but if it doesn`t meet your requirements, you can always buy a remote unit.

Not certain how sophisticated the D5100's built in intervalometer is, but if it doesn`t meet your requirements, you can always buy a remote unit.

After some experimenting, I've found it's actually not bad at all. I was curious if such remotes existed though, so thanks for pointing that out!

Most reactions

Back