Shutter Count for D7000???

rmstudios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought my referb D7k 5 month ago. I have 3600 frames so far. How far do they go before they brake or replacement needed? And how do I know that it is time for service? Thank you.

Wow. Thanks. How often do i have to send my camera for service? I bought it refurbished 5 month ago? thanks

I think 150k is the spec.

I bought my referb D7k 5 month ago. I have 3600 frames so far. How far do they go before they brake or replacement needed? And how do I know that it is time for service? Thank you.
No one knows for sure because how well the camera is cared for and the enviormental conditions it is used in has a lot to do with it.

But if you were to visit Nikon USA's web site, it says the D7000:
....... 150,000 cycle-rated shutter system providing reliable operation

Many pros get their camera bodies serviced yearly, but they shoot a lot more. Many pros expect to upgrade a camera body every 3 to 4 years. Pro grade Nikons have 300,000 cycle-rated shutters.

How many shutter actuations were already on it when you got it?

Last edited:
You have a LOT of shutter clicks left. Don't sweat it. At the rate you are shooting you have about 17 years before the shutter gives out.

Remember its like a car lol. Some last 10,000 miles and some 1,000,000 miles . ~150,000 is a safe average but you could keep going. Not a bad idea to get your camera serviced, every 1-2 yeas.

Thanks Sparky,

If I am reading that correctly, the guess would be that the '3100 and '5100 have about a half a million clicks life in them, LOL.

necro-bump...

I just checked the actuations on mine (bought new a couple of years ago)

213,048. And it's still running strong.

KmH said:
No one knows for sure because how well the camera is cared for and the enviormental conditions it is used in has a lot to do with it.

But if you were to visit Nikon USA's web site, it says the D7000:

Many pros get their camera bodies serviced yearly, but they shoot a lot more. Many pros expect to upgrade a camera body every 3 to 4 years. Pro grade Nikons have 300,000 cycle-rated shutters.

How many shutter actuations were already on it when you got it?

How does one get their camera 'serviced'? Would I bring it to a shop or send it to Nikon? I think it would be a good idea.

Most reactions

Back