Shutter delay in D3000

lkrish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

There is a slight delay in shutter release after the shutter button is depressed. The delay could be as long as nearly a second and as short as...well.., but it is extremely frustrating. Yet, more than half the times the camera works perfectly...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

what mode are you shooting in, what lighting conditions...

Your shutter speed (depending on what mode you're in) could be changing... Shutter speed can go anywhere (I believe) from 30 seconds to 1/2500th of a second... Maybe even faster.. I'm just guessing on the fraction side of it..

yeah i bet you are in a mode that auto selects a shutter speed based on lighting. when in poor lighting, it will give you longer shutter speeds

not to ask a dumb question, but are you factoring in AF time?

Check your flash setting. You may have your flash set to red eye reduction.

Reading your camera users manual and then researching the things you don't at first understand, will let you get all the performance out of your new camera and also allow you to chart a self study curriculum.

It is most likely your problem is the useer doesn't yet know enough about how their camera works, which is very common to most new dSLR owners.

I suspect the delay is the camera waiting for focus to be achieved. There is a focus indicator in the viewfinder that lights up when the lens is focused. In most of the auto and semi-auto shooting modes the shutter won't release until the camera is focused.

Do they come out blurry? This happens to me when i'm not holding the camera still enough...

In your manual, look up Release Priority and Focus Priority. Changing to release priority will allow you to fire even without acquiring focus lock, but at the cost of having an unfocused picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back