Shutter Release Cable for D40?

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do they exist? If so where can I get one? Thanks for your time.

Check your manual to be sure but I believe the D40 is compatible with the ML-L3 Remote Control. Adorama, B+H or Amazon should have it.

No cable release. Get the remote. On bulb mode press the release to open, press it again to close.

I have a ML-L3, it works great with a D40.

I was trying to steer away from the remote control because you have to engage the shutter release from in front of the camera and put an eye piece cover in the viewfinder to prevent light from getting into the viewfinder....and remote batteries.

I was trying to steer away from the remote control because you have to engage the shutter release from in front of the camera and put an eye piece cover in the viewfinder to prevent light from getting into the viewfinder....and remote batteries.

You'd should probably put a cover on the viewfinder with a cable too. (although, I don't always)

As far as having to engage it from the front. I have never had any problems with my d70. It works from an angle. Definitely not an issue. Batteries? Mine have lasted 3 years...

Either way you have to cover the eyepiece, since that is a metering thing...

Also, you don't have to stand in front of the camera for it to work, the IR will bounce off of objects nearby the camera just fine... mine works well as long as there is something near the camera.

As far as the batteries go, yea, it does take a $2 battery but I have had mine for almost a year and have taken hundreds of shots, and still am on the battery that came with it.

There is no actual release cable made by Nikon, and I have never heard of a third party one... there is also no remote triggering port, so I am thinking it is the wireless remote or nothing.

remote - ebay $1.69 plus shipping

Either way you have to cover the eyepiece, since that is a metering thing...

Also, you don't have to stand in front of the camera for it to work, the IR will bounce off of objects nearby the camera just fine... mine works well as long as there is something near the camera.

As far as the batteries go, yea, it does take a $2 battery but I have had mine for almost a year and have taken hundreds of shots, and still am on the battery that came with it.

There is no actual release cable made by Nikon, and I have never heard of a third party one... there is also no remote triggering port, so I am thinking it is the wireless remote or nothing.

A remote it is! Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back