Shutter release problem

hamster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all - I recently acquired an Olympus OM-2000 with a 28mm Hanimex lens. The shutter seems to work fine on apertures f/8 and above. When I try to use 2.8, 4, and 5.6 (the first three available on the lens) the shutter will not release correctly. With the lens off the shutter release is fine. I know this is cheap equipment, but is it just the lens or the camera that has the problem? Sorry if this is a newb question - I would like to use this camera, is it worth trying to get another lens for it?

I've tried googling, but no luck. I don't really even know what to google for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi all - I recently acquired an Olympus OM-2000 with a 28mm Hanimex lens. The shutter seems to work fine on apertures f/8 and above. When I try to use 2.8, 4, and 5.6 (the first three available on the lens) the shutter will not release correctly. With the lens off the shutter release is fine. I know this is cheap equipment, but is it just the lens or the camera that has the problem? Sorry if this is a newb question - I would like to use this camera, is it worth trying to get another lens for it?

I've tried googling, but no luck. I don't really even know what to google for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Try to isolate the problem. If your Oly works fine without a lens, and then it doesn't with the Hanimex, I suggest you try it with an Olympus made lens. If the problem persists, the camera might be at fault. If not, you know it's the lens. If you want, you can go to the nearest camera shop and try your Oly 2000 with a different lens there, as you would buy it. If it works with that lens then you'll know what to do. ;)

BTW, Olympus cameras are great, Hanimex lenses less great.

Most reactions

Back