Shutter speed fun

petto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having fun with shutter speeds. Shot with Canon 7D and Tamron 28-70mm f/2.8 outdoor nautural light.

ISO 3200
28mm
f/2.8
1/1250
IMG_1720.jpg

ISO 100
28mm
f/5
1/6
IMG_1721.jpg

You didn't quite get equal exposures, however. You second frame is about 1-1/3 stop more.

Are you referring to the aperture? I was shooting in shutter priority, should have switched manual to allow the same stop.

Are you referring to the aperture? I was shooting in shutter priority, should have switched manual to allow the same stop.

All three items of the Exposure Triangle changed. ISO 3200 to 100, shutter from 1/1250 to 1/6 and f2.8 to f.8. But they are not equal exposures.

So to be equal all 3 would need to be the same? Not sure what your getting at with the equal exposure thing. I was just trying to demonstrate different shutter speed and motion.

Should i have shot manual and kept the ISO and f the same and only changes the shutter speed? Sorry if i sound confused.

ISO 3200 to ISO 100 is lowering the exposure by 5 stops.

Going from f/2.8 to f/5 is lowering it another 1 2/3 stops. Total so far, -6 2/3

Then you raised it 8 stops by going from 1/1250 to 1/6 sec. So the exposures are (8 - 6 2/3) 1 1/3 stop different, the second one being 'overexposed' compared to the first. You can see this in the brightness of the stones.

I see what you mean. I was not going equal exposure, however now that you pointed it out it would have looked better. Def for some side by side prints. I will attempt a reshoot with tripod and math and try for an equal set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back