sibling portraits. c and c welcome.

myartisticself

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just took and edited some shots of my friends who are siblings. i used a canon xti, 18-55mm lens, b+w 099 IR filter, and cs3. let me know what you think (dont be afraid to hurt my feelings ;)).

3129939699_421b6fe121_b.jpg

3133100380_ffeb39f7bd_b.jpg

3130771252_2b6ed15b7d_b.jpg

3130771120_018c72b50a_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking too much contrast.

Well you are losing your detail in blacks through all the photos. It looks like your shutter speed was too low on the second two, but none look sharp. Also under exposed. Editing doesnt match the lighting or style. Lighting poor. Tilted. Leading lines are a good start but your comp wasnt good in these.

Digging that 2nd shot. Love the lighting and pp. Nice job.

#2 is your best composition. But you almost loose his hat because its to dark. I would try and lighten it up a wee bit.

#3 is soft and focus is out of wack as previously stated.

I take that back #1 and #2 are your best shots. I'm a big fan of B&W and you've got a good balance, but again, I would lighten it up just a hair.

-JD-

I really like the dramatic lighting and clouds in the second photo, but I would have moved them over to the right some and cropped out that stuff on the left, it kind of distracts my eye. I like the last one most. The dramatic feel and the angle, and it's simplistic. Nicely done!

Don't know what your focusing on but they all look pretty out of whack to me. H

yea. i was all over the place that day. i wasnt quite sure on what i wanted to do with them and im pretty new to the digital film and editing technology. i played the whole day by ear.

Well you are losing your detail in blacks through all the photos. It looks like your shutter speed was too low on the second two, but none look sharp. Also under exposed. Editing doesnt match the lighting or style. Lighting poor. Tilted. Leading lines are a good start but your comp wasnt good in these.

thanks for the critiques! ill keep them in mind when i do my next project.

#2 is your best composition. But you almost loose his hat because its to dark. I would try and lighten it up a wee bit.

#3 is soft and focus is out of wack as previously stated.

I take that back #1 and #2 are your best shots. I'm a big fan of B&W and you've got a good balance, but again, I would lighten it up just a hair.

-JD-
thanks man! i appreciate the critiques and comments.

I really like the dramatic lighting and clouds in the second photo, but I would have moved them over to the right some and cropped out that stuff on the left, it kind of distracts my eye. I like the last one most. The dramatic feel and the angle, and it's simplistic. Nicely done!

yea i love the last one too. i had great model.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back