Sight reading piano

Ccauceg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello fellow photographers!

I have a question for the piano players out there. I started playing piano about 1.5 years ago, mainly just learning about chords and improv. Just recently I want to learn to sight read music because I thought it could only help my playing. Now as I am just starting out i quickly figured out that its hard to keep track of all those notes while playing.

Here is my question...

Do you look at every single particular note and play it, or do you look at a section as a whole and recognize what to play, kind of like reading words?

Thanks

Hello fellow photographers!

I have a question for the piano players out there. I started playing piano about 1.5 years ago, mainly just learning about chords and improv. Just recently I want to learn to sight read music because I thought it could only help my playing. Now as I am just starting out i quickly figured out that its hard to keep track of all those notes while playing.

Here is my question...

Do you look at every single particular note and play it, or do you look at a section as a whole and recognize what to play, kind of like reading words?

Thanks

At first, you will have to look/glance at everything, by going over and over the same passage then you will learn to recognize patterns and you will start reading faster and faster. It takes a bit of time but it works.

If you think about being a Jazz pianist, then learning the notation and developing a good sight reading is a must. Spend time learning how to read well and your efforts will be rewarded.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back