Sightings and stuff worth witnessing in California (Davis, SF, Sac. and around)

I've only been there once but I like the view from Treasure Island at sundown.

7998796062_ca02cc4c91_c.jpg

sorry for the cell phone snap but to the right of above you have this view of the bay which can be great if the fog is coming in during the morning hours or with the sun setting behind it.

7920660666_1b75790538.jpg

Then, of course, there is the fields of these guys on highway 580 between Tracey and Livermore. I took this from the car and I believe it is farmers land so you might want to ask about shooting on someones land.

7969267212_83b3ec1d53_c.jpg

China Town is a great place for some street photography.

7953864088_398b3b5912_c.jpg

Make hotel reservations early.
SF and NYC are the two biggest tourist centers in the US.

Traffic is horrible in SF and parking is essentially non-existent.
If you are renting a car for the entire time there are some motels along Lombard Avenue that have parking.
We always stay in that area for that reason.
That would facilitate getting out of the city to Muir Woods, Point Lobos State Park or Big Sur. The latter two are one very long day or two terrific ones but well worth it.
Lombard Avenue is a busy thoroughfare but incredibly convenient being walking distance from Union Street, the Marian (the bay) and right on major electric bus lines that go all over.
We've stayed here a few times and always get a room away from the street.

There are some areas I wouldn't stay and if you need any ideas I'd be happy to help if I can.

L

A true story from some years back. I read it in USA Today.

The mayor of Davis sent California Department of Transportation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a letter demanding Caltrans build small tunnels under the I-80 Interstate roadway so frogs could get to the other side of the interstate without being run over by cars.

She did not include any helpful suggestions on how Caltrans could encourage the frogs to actually use the tunnels.

A true story from some years back. I read it in USA Today.

The mayor of Davis sent California Department of Transportation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a letter demanding Caltrans build small tunnels under the I-80 Interstate roadway so frogs could get to the other side of the interstate without being run over by cars.

She did not include any helpful suggestions on how Caltrans could encourage the frogs to actually use the tunnels.

Trails of BS which would draw flies and thus lure the frogs.
The supply of BS should be no problem.

Most reactions

Back