Sigma 10-16mm or Tokina 12-24mm??

paul85224

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will be in the market for a wide angle zoom and am trying to decide between a Nikon mount for the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM or a Tokina 12-24mm Pro DX II.

Any suggestions?

The Tokina 11-16 f2.8 is probably the best reviewed third-party UWA zoom on the market; have you given that a thought?

The Tokina. Photozine.de have test/reviewed both of these, I think.

The Tokina 11-16 f2.8 is probably the best reviewed third-party UWA zoom on the market; have you given that a thought?

Great budget lens right there
bigthumb.gif

Agreed, love my Tokina 11-16. The Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 is also quite a nice UWA.

It's a nice, fast lens, but a little bit outside my price range.

i have the tokina and the 24mm long end with pretty much NO distortion is pretty nice.

I just love the website www.slrgear.com for reviews on lenses. Maybe your lenses have been reviewed. If they have been, there will be interactive graphs that show sharpness and aberrations. It is just the kind of information, along with written reviews, that one should take into account for lens purchases.

I wrote a blog on the subject, here: Phil's Photography Blog

I love my tokina 12-24. Great build quality, very good focus ring and zoom ring. It's sharp, distorts very little and quite fast at f/4. It flares some when the sun is in, but it's not a very big problem and all lenses do it. The focal range is awesome, 12mm has been plenty wide for me, I can fit an entire building in the frame when standing just 10 meters from it.

I love my tokina 12-24. Great build quality, very good focus ring and zoom ring. It's sharp, distorts very little and quite fast at f/4. It flares some when the sun is in, but it's not a very big problem and all lenses do it. The focal range is awesome, 12mm has been plenty wide for me, I can fit an entire building in the frame when standing just 10 meters from it.

I second Compaq on this one, and juts to add to it, the Tokina is by far the best built lens of the category. I Own a 12-24mm DX II and I assure you it's better built than the Nikon. Qualitywise, I'd say it's about the same as the Nikon as well, unless you have a very (very very) picky eye. So, for half the price, I wouldn't even think twice. I'm a very happy Tokina user :)

I love my Tamron 28-70mm f2.8, and my Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4. I just don't have the money right now for the Canon L glass and I think the higher end 3'rd party brands are a good solution. Lenses are important, but so is the mortgage! Haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back