Sigma 10-22mm

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I dont know where to put this, seeing as how theres no forum for just lenses or sigma lenses. Has anyone had any experience with this lens? I'm looking into buying one as my next lens and have read mixed reviews from people. Any insight if its worth it or should I go with a Canon 10-22. 3.5-4.5?

Sigma doesn't make a 10-22...

If you mean the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, it's quite affordable and performs accordingly.
The Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 on the other hand is quite a sharp lens, and possibly a better value than the Canon.

The Canon is nice but to me seems overpriced for what it does. You may also want to have a look at the Sigma 8-16mm, and also the Tokina 11-16. The 8-16, 11-16, and 10-20 3.5 are all nice lenses that shine in different areas. I use the Tokina personally, and I chose it based on it's minimal distortion, decent sharpness, and ability to accept filters. The Sigma 8-16 is a bit sharper and a lot wider. The 10-20 3.5 flares less. I wouldn't really be considering the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, as a lot of compromises were made in this lens.

Yea. I meant the 10-20mm. My bad. I'm looking at the 3.5 (I have a 100 dollar gift certificate towards my next lens) and was just wondering what others thought of the lens.

The sigma can be used on both NIKON and Canon without a special mount correct??

I would go with the Tokina 11-16!
Arguably better than the Sigma. Decently priced. And fixed aperture unlike the Canon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back