Sigma 12-24 f/4 ART Announced

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sigma announced a few new lenses yesterday, the 12-24 f/4 ART being one that interests me the most. Sigma says there will be very little distortion.

When I saw this announced, I thought it was for crop sensors but turns out it's for full frame which I guess its suppose to replace Sigma's other 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 full frame lens which from what I hear, it wasn't all that great.

The lens itself looks rather compact which is pretty impressive and doesn't have any optical stabilization but at 12mm, it's almost unnecessary.

Sigma says the price will be $1599, not overly expensive but it's still up there.

Could this be the super ultra wide angle lens of the year for full frame bodies? Will it perform better than the already good Tamron 15-30 2.8? I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews.

It sure is making my newly aquired 16-35 look silly, haha. Can ultra wide angle lenses be "too" wide?

Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art | Sigma Corporation of America

just remember if you are looking for astrophotography that new lens is an f/4
as I know you were looking for an UWA f/1.8 lens.

just remember if you are looking for astrophotography that new lens is an f/4
as I know you were looking for an UWA f/1.8 lens.

I'm not interested in buying, just wanted to share the announcement.

I own the Sigma 12-24mm II 4.5-5.6 and I gotta tell you I am very happy with this lens.
Yes it has distortion but at 12mm any wide lens will have distortion and I don't find it to be bad at all.
I will not bother to upgrade it to the f4 version, I think the one I have is plenty good especially considering how much I paid for it.

What a cool lens!

Way out of my price range though. Plus, f2.8 on my 15-30 is nice.

Buy it, then I will buy it from you at half price 6 months from now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back