Sigma 150-600 Garbage

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am so irritated right now, doesn't help desktop web site won't work for download. Roughly 50 yards away. Not sure if it's lens, me, camera, or both. Not sharp at all in my opinion. #1 shot on tripod, OS off. #2 hand held and OS1 and 2 tried no difference. Dont here any noise from OS. Not in custom setting. Hooked up lens in dock, no firmware update.

5b886abe61ab120663e1374292043a27.jpg

1de955de385ba0278e64edeef28ab205.jpg

02222ac4d641be572ff6f8a0de5e91a1.jpg

ec910a59b4a55a0d193768ae1b9fc94e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Autofocus? Try manual focus. Maybe it's front- or back-focusing.

#1 cropped
DSC_0945_02.jpg

#2 cropped
DSC_0946_02.jpg

I can but if this is what I get with auto focus, I don't want it. What's the point if I may ask respectfully?

Do you see the lines in the bokeh on the cropped images? not digging that either.

well, I guess the lines are the siding on the house after closer inspection.

I can but if this is what I get with auto focus, I don't want it. What's the point if I may ask respectfully?

Do you see the lines in the bokeh on the cropped images? not digging that either.

it will tell you if the lens can achieve focus.
maybe the difference between a glass issue and an AF issue.
it might not make any difference to you at all, but it may help expedite the return process by narrowing down the issue a little for the techies.

The jittery OOF doesn't look like a lens artifact, but could be a vibration in the entire setup. Shutter, mirror, wind, or ?.

Manual is even worse if that means anything. Do you guys see what I am seeing as far as quality?

The jittery OOF doesn't look like a lens artifact, but could be a vibration in the entire setup. Shutter, mirror, wind, or ?.

It does it on tripod as well. I have no way to tell if OS is working or not... Shooting from inside with slider door open. It is windy out. Is there a way. The focus point is dead on according to the Nikon windows software.

It's a by-product of mass-production. If the lens is front- or back-focusing, that can be corrected with many Nikon cameras in-body.

It's a by-product of mass-production. If the lens is front- or back-focusing, that can be corrected with many Nikon cameras in-body.

Well, the manual was worse but overall similar. I don't think my D3300 can correct this, am I correct?

Try live view with all other settings same on your camera. This will tell you if its the focus or not most likely. I'd be surprised if you could manually focus well at 550mm unless bolted to the ground. By any chance were you on a tripod with OS switched on?

Well, the manual was worse but overall similar. I don't think my D3300 can correct this, am I correct?

If my failing memory serves, I don't think the 3300 has that ability.

Where did you buy it from? Perhaps contact the seller and request a replacement.

The d3300 does not have af fine tune, but this is one of the reasons the new sigmas can be adj with a dock system

Sometimes you just get a bad lens. I know a few photogs who send lenses back three+ times until they're happy. I have acquired a ton of lenses over the course of my lifetime and I've never sent one back. I don't think the IQ is acceptable. I don't shoot Nikon. But if this was a Canon, I'd take it down the street to the Canon repair facility in Irvine and in a few days it would be fixed.

If you shot mirrorless, you'd haven't any front/back focus issues.

PS- How do you golf in the snow? (I'd think those little white balls you chase would easily blend into the ground cover.)

Try live view with all other settings same on your camera. This will tell you if its the focus or not most likely. I'd be surprised if you could manually focus well at 550mm unless bolted to the ground. By any chance were you on a tripod with OS switched on?

No, you can see it in the settings that OS was off when on a tripod. I tried live view, no difference.

Most reactions

Back