Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I am looking for a better all around lens and I came across the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO. Does anyone have any opinions on this lens or any insight that they might want to share? Please do! Thanks

also will this lens work with a Canon XTi, because Sigma states that it will only work with APS-C size sensors. I am assuming that an XTi has this size sensor?

It will work with your camera but if you try using it on a full frame camera - you run the risk of wrecking the mirror curtain. As with the image quality, I don't know anything about it.

I have this lens (if it is the one that is about $350US, if its not, sorry). I use it on my Nikon D70 and have been happy with a lot of the pictures I have taken with it. I ended up with by accident when I had to replace my 18-70mm D70 kit lens. They didn’t have that one in stock and the person recommended this lens. I wanted a wide angle lens for a trip to Florida so I bought it. I think it is comparable to the Nikon lens.

I just posted some photos I took with it in this thread:
Foreinger Live!.

I included a couple of extra shots for you to see. I could post a couple of other samples if you want.

I have it and I love it, great lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back