Sigma 18-125mm OS

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

do any of you use this lens and if so what do you think of it. I know its not very expensive so I don't expect miracles but I like the focal length as a general walk around lens. I live in Ireland and as the customer base is relatively small it is hard to find this type of gear in a shop to test. It would almost certainly have to be ordered up so I would like to get a few user reviews from here (the internet reviews are very mixed) Thanks

Hi

I just don't see the point of a Sigma 18-125mm when you have a Canon 18-135mm, or 18-200mm, but to your question i don't use third party lens sorry

Last edited:
I have a Canon-fit 18-125 Sigma lens that I have had for six years or so, on my Canon 20D. The lens is not the newer OS Model. It is a good range for snapshooting--very,very handy indeed. The lens is small and light. Optics are average to good on an 8.2 MP sensor. When it was introduced, this lens was quite cutting-edge, and the 18-200 and such lenses from the camera makers were nowhere near what they are now; in fact, I do not think Canon even HAD an 18-125 or 18-200 when Sigma introduced the 18-125.

In my lens design, AF is noisy, and only so-so...the slowish aperture makes indoor focusing more hit and miss.

Thanks for replys

Most reactions

Back