Sigma 200-500

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just curious, are they selling this monster of a lens yet? if so how much is it and has any body used it?? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZsFGJ_TTc&feature=related[/ame]

what the hell kinda tripod would you need to hold that thing, it looks like it ways a ton!!!O_O

If it is not on Sigmaphoto.com, they are not selling it, or it is special order only.

Ask Sigma directly, you have contact info on their site.

Tripod? I hear Kenworth makes a few... lol

its in green!!!... i want that thing, it doesn't get much better.. it need a lithium battery so the damn thing doesn't drain the battery in you camera, and it has an lcd screen.... BEAST

That reminds me of the Sigma 350-1200mm f11.0 APO MF lens that they made back in the 80's. It was only 24.5 lbs.

I used it a couple of times (I worked in a camera shop that was using it in a Sigma display), it was not that bad optically ... but you better have a really good tripod to keep it still.

They even made a 1.4x TC for it.

Its by far the ugliest thing I have ever seen, but I want it!

Derrick

In Japan you can buy the lens in several shops. The price would be around USD24779, although the yen is quite strong at the moment. Sadly none of the shops that are having it are in my vicinity, else I'd go and mount it on my D80, just for fun.

if i saw it in shop... id take it and run.. if anyone tries to attack me, ill hit them with it, im sure that would leave a mark, seriously tho what the hell were they thinking when they made it

Like I said in another post it need VR for hand held shots. And it is 22k after the $2500 rebate. Now make that a 10K rebate and, Im there.

Trust me, if you can afford this lens, you can afford to buy a BMW Mini and use it as the tripod with wheels for it... lol

and interestingly the lens also ships with its own 2* teleconverter - so you can get 400-1000mm out of it :)

Also be carefull if you have the green make when shooting near airports, military bases - and mostly everywhere in america - the thing looks like a bazooka :)

Most reactions

Back