Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG

Nice samples of the dog and car Leo!

Would you or anyone else recommend the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG EX HSM Macro for weddings? How does it compare to the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 for the money?

Would you or anyone else recommend the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG EX HSM Macro for weddings? How does it compare to the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 for the money?

thank you....

sorry, don't know much about the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 DG EX.

YES! I have this lens and LOVE IT. It feels super comfy, focuses FAST, razor sharp images. Excellent value.

just curious, what made you change your mind?

My hand got wore out from the stiff zoom ring. Literally, my hand began to ache after using it for about 30 mins. The range isn't good enough. I didn't notice any softness in the photo quality though... just usability. It was sad that often I pull out my stock lens just cause the zoom was way too stiff on that nice Sigma 24-70.

My hand got wore out from the stiff zoom ring. Literally, my hand began to ache after using it for about 30 mins. The range isn't good enough. I didn't notice any softness in the photo quality though... just usability. It was sad that often I pull out my stock lens just cause the zoom was way too stiff on that nice Sigma 24-70.

yeah that was my other complaint too, my tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 was just so easy to use compared to the Sigma.

YES! I have this lens and LOVE IT. It feels super comfy, focuses FAST, razor sharp images. Excellent value.

Thanks keith. Is the Sigma 70-200 the same size as the canon 70-200?

And Leo, I knew that you were planning to return this lens. Just commenting that your pics looked good on the 24mm end. Sorry it was too soft on the 70mm end.

Thanks keith. Is the Sigma 70-200 the same size as the canon 70-200?...

If anything, it's a bit smaller. I don't think there is much (if any) difference though. I take all my race photos with this lens (except for victory lane--then I use something wider) Taking pictures at the races at night, the 2.8 proves itself the best. Here are a few race pictures taken with the Sigma 70-200 2.8 DG EX HSM Macro: http://www.swmoracing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5436

If anything, it's a bit smaller. I don't think there is much (if any) difference though. I take all my race photos with this lens (except for victory lane--then I use something wider) Taking pictures at the races at night, the 2.8 proves itself the best. Here are a few race pictures taken with the Sigma 70-200 2.8 DG EX HSM Macro: http://www.swmoracing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5436

nice shots. Great job with the panning! :thumbup:

nice shots. Great job with the panning! :thumbup:

hey thanks. my first few races I was battling blurriness. I wanted to get a 3200 ISO camera so I could get a faster shot (night-time photos).

However, I decided to, rather than improve my gear, improve my style. It ended up working out for the better. A) I saved a lot of money and B) panning makes exceptional shots. It's not only about capturing the car; it's also about capturing the action.

I was looking into getting a nice low-light lens to compliment my 70-200, looks like this won't be it. Thanks guys.

Most reactions

Back