Sigma 28-300 IF F3.5

shed301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok 2 weeks ago i brought a used (but in good condition) sigma lens for a measly 120 dollars NZ, Also came with cheap polarizing filter. So i figured i'd give it hell during my 2 week holiday which started a day before the lens arrived. So a bunch of us trundled up to the A1 GP which was held in taupo. I went there to basically test it's capbilities in fast, slow, auto conditions as you do when in testing mode. you know just to get the feel of it before you finally like it etc

from trhe A1 GP
2lvebyb.jpg

Was focusing on the black car here while panning
4s1zjm.jpg

j8fq6h.jpg

And then after i returned home with a extra week up my sleeve i decided to try some close-up's on macro mode with the pentax and some shots with little or nil light

v74l6x.jpg

2hf1fmt.jpg

2qvfj2u.jpg

and last one
huq91e.jpg

numbers #6 and #7 were both hand held but leaning on solid structures. This is a amateurs review of this lens. . not a bad lens overall, can be a bit on the slow side under pressure. It's actually quite a heavy lens to use but you can live with that. well i can. focal range is awesome for a walk-a-bout lens as it can stay on your camera and no hassle into changing lens's and missing a shot *Constructive* comments are welcomed

let the lions den begin

cheers
Grant

camera: Pentax K200D

Shutter speed on some is too slow, the panning one is way out of focus (probaly the lens) and the first is a bit soft and stationary looking, sorry but i would ditch it

Theres some good shots in there, but most are not very sharp. Could be the lens.

Most reactions

Back