Sigma 28-70 f2.8 VS Tamron 28-75 f2.8

im new to forums. there are some people on here that dont like me i guess.

I understand wanting/needing buying advice for some of this stuff, but so far all you have done is ask what you should get over and over and over and over, even after reading professional reviews. Worst part is you work in the camera industry selling camera equipment! How does your indecisiveness translate into your customer's buying decisions? I imagine your schizophrenic approach to choosing equipment would leave your customer's head spinning.

Anyways, it seems you spend way more time worrying about equipment than taking photos which is going to lead to you selling your gear in a year because you still can't get the shots you want with it. A 5d MkII isn't an "auto" mode to being a better photographer, getting out and shooting is.

Good luck winning your camera, and also to making up your mind on something.

I thikn I read in either this or one of the other similar posts that he is buying it on Monday.... so I guess this will be the end of these threadsss

I thikn I read in either this or one of the other similar posts that he is buying it on Monday.... so I guess this will be the end of these threadsss

no it just means get ready for another 100 threads about the next thing he wants.

im new to forums. there are some people on here that dont like me i guess.

I understand wanting/needing buying advice for some of this stuff, but so far all you have done is ask what you should get over and over and over and over, even after reading professional reviews. Worst part is you work in the camera industry selling camera equipment! How does your indecisiveness translate into your customer's buying decisions? I imagine your schizophrenic approach to choosing equipment would leave your customer's head spinning.

Anyways, it seems you spend way more time worrying about equipment than taking photos which is going to lead to you selling your gear in a year because you still can't get the shots you want with it. A 5d MkII isn't an "auto" mode to being a better photographer, getting out and shooting is.

Good luck winning your camera, and also to making up your mind on something.

my main problem is i cant listen to myself. the advice that i give customers is usually based on facts about photography equipment, not my personal struggle about what i want. i know i SHOULD go with "this" lens or "that" lens, but i always second guess everything. i can be very annoying and i know this. if i were not this way i wouldnt know what i do and would be unable to make proper decisions. when all the angles of what i am interested is covered than i move on to the next thing. its just how i am :/ ....... i must seem like a wacko because of how i type my thoughts hahaha . its cool tho, you would be surprised how i am about photography. i dont want equipment that i will regret buying, so i have to bug everyone here untill im happy! all input is greatly appreciated, please know that .... even if its negative towards me, helps me grow as a person.

i found out that someone is cheating in the contest i am in for the 5dmk2. they caught up to me really quick, i have a few big sales coming in tho. if i dont win the 5d it isnt a big deal. if i do win it i am lucky enough to do so. i dont mind getting second place, prize will be a t1i. i figure if i win the t1i i will sell my canon equipment and jump ship to nikon (possibly). i would like the d90 or the d5000. AS YOU KNOW, I AM CRAZY :greenpbl:

if anyone cares i ordered the tamron 28-75. thank you all for your help.

You mean we have to start all this over with Nikon if you don't win? :meh:

And don't get the D5000

The Ti1 is similar if not equal to the D90. I simply can't assemble any reasons at all to sell all of your Canon stuff and go to Nikon in any of the possible outcomes of this much-trumpeted contest. You'll lose money in the sale and wind up with less gear in the end. The D90 is a nice camera to be sure, and so is the D5000, but not nice enough to justify a switch. And at the end of the day you can sell a new-in-box version of any of these cameras and pick up a nice piece of glass or two. Your 30D will certainly not fetch you much in a 2nd hand sale, on the other hand, and will not net you what it's worth to you (this is much like you might deal with if you total a car-- the amount of money the insurance company gives you for your 15 year old car will not buy a car as nice as the one you lost... )

It seems like you're hyperventilating all the time with this stuff. I totally understand why you are concerned about this stuff, and why it seems like a much bigger deal if money is not abundant (I'm 21 too!) but if you're not careful about it you're going to let it cost you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back