Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Zoom?

Reaction score
Looks like this is finally a reality. The first reviews look good but so far have not been able to find any side by side comparisons with benchmarks like the latest Nikon. Just straight reviews I tend to view as factory marketing (with rare exceptions) unless they contain a side by side review or other technical dissections. For a lens named "Sport", there does not seem to be any action shots in the reviews, only portraits. Still optimistic though, just looking for information. I'm well past due for an upgrade, my old 80-200 AFS is showing its age, it's just difficult as an amateur to justify $2500 for the Nikon.

:)

Check the video included in this link for this lenses. I am waiting for this to come out...latest update when I called them is April 4, 2019 at B&H store.
There's no comparison in this lenses but for me it looks like OK.
Note: this is for FX format.
sigma_730955_60_600mm_f_4_5_6_3_dg_os_1537897990000_1436263.jpg

Last edited:
For a lens named "Sport", there does not seem to be any action shots in the reviews, only portraits. Still optimistic though, just looking for information. I'm well past due for an upgrade, my old 80-200 AFS is showing its age, it's just difficult as an amateur to justify $2500 for the Nikon.

It's still a more ideal portrait lens. The Sports line is just a series they made it available in -- I would have thought it would be ART line, but I'm sure they made sure it could focus fast/well for sports shooting as well, and had the weather sealing of the sports line. the must have found that there's still a lot of 70-200 users that shoot things other than portraits with it, and wanted to make sure it was up to the task.

Braineack: No doubt, I use mine for portraiture as much as for action, maybe more. Still, zooms are a trade-off for versatility so sort of compelled to get the best combination affordable in a fast f-stop and quick accurate AF. (Regarding Art series, I got the 135 Art last year and have not been disappointed.)

Error: I saw that 60-600 and even did a little research on it. It looks to be a dandy lens and would be on the watch list but I just bought the 150-600 Sport not too long ago so probably not in the market for that just yet. FWIW, the 150-600 Sport is big, bulky, and a little slow but in right lighting conditions is a dandy lens. I'm not disappointed; it was actually this lens that made me realize my old 80-200 AFS was showing its age with the Sigma Sport being noticeably sharper on my D800 body.

I also have the 150-600 sports lens. I've had it for a couple months. It does take some getting used to. It's much heavier than my original 150-600 lens. I like it so far.

Most reactions

Back