Sigma EF-530 DG Super vs. Canon Speedlite 270EX

sonikin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As an amateur photographer, I unfortunately don't have unlimited funds to get the really nice flashes I want, so when I saw these two for the same price, I figured I had to get one.

This will be my first external flash. I shoot with a Canon XSi, and do pretty much a mix of all types of photography.

I noticed in the specs that the Sigma flash is much more advanced and seems better, but the slow recycle/charge time is what kills it for me.

How bad is a 6sec recharge? Or is it just a minor detail?

Harsh critical opinions are appreciated =D

L.L.Lozeau - Canon Speedlite 270EX
L.L.Lozeau - Sigma EF-530 DG Super for Canon

6 second recycle sucks! my really old vivitar is about 6-10 seconds and its horrible. I guess if your not shooting at high speed its fine.... I hate long recycle times

If your budget allows for it, I would look into something a bit better like a 430EXII probably find one used for anything for $175 and up

You can find the 430EX II for $250 less 20% Bing cash back for the same $200 net price as what you're looking at now.

You get what you pay for.

Frankly for photography, it's cheaper in the long run to save up and get the more expensive OEM gear.

Virtually all 3rd party stuff is reverse engineered. You upgrade your camera body and all of a sudden some of your 3rd party stuff starts doing weird things, because there is no way they can make it upward compatible, or it never quite works right from the get go.

The other issue is, mounting 3rd party gear on your camera body voids the warranty, if there is any left.

Most reactions

Back