tyler_h

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So a multi-part question to keep it all in one thread:

1. I was hoping to gather some opinions on the "Sigma EM-140 DG Macro Flash for Canon EOS ETTL & ETTL-II SLR's, Guide Number of 45 with ISO 100 Feet." for use mainly as a macro flash but also a a fill flash for outdoor portraits. Portraiture would be a much more minor use; so even if it wouldn't be overly appropriate for this application I would still go it over a conventional flash.
How have you found the build quality, functionality, and consistence of the flash output, compared to, say, the Canon offering? Build quality and consistence of flash output are the main concerns I've heard of people raising (not specific to this product but as a general point).

2. This one is a little more location specific; anyone here (Australia) who has ordered from Adorama or B&H? They both have good reputations so I'm not worried about that aspect; more in terms of any problems people have encountered in importing. It would be under $1000 including shipping so that should avoid incurring GST, but I believe warranties would no longer be valid?

Thanks in advance to any who may be able to provide some insight on anything related.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back