Sigma or Canon Fish

dirty1thirdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm getting a fisheye for my Canon Rebel T2 (will upgrade sometime) and I am not sure whether to get the Sigma f2.8 15mm or the Canon f2.8 15mm. I have heard that the Sigma has better color, contrast, and CA, and the Canon has a faster and quieter AF and is more sturdy. I have also heard that it is better to have the same brand camera body and lense. Which one should I get?

dirty1thirdee said:
I have also heard that it is better to have the same brand camera body and lense.

People that say silly things like that usually have no idea what they are talking about. That's a load of hooey.

From what i've read they are both nice fisheyes, but I think I remember reading that the sigma actually had a slight edge on the canon. If it was my choice, i'd check some reviews (or comparisons if you can find them) before I bought either one, but I'd probably end up getting the sigma (as the benefits of the sigma matter more to me than its disadvantages).

Thanks, I'll probably get the Sigma just because all the reviews I have read say that they are both good lenses and the Sigma is cheaper on BH. Any more opinions?

Most reactions

Back