Sigma or Tokina

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the market for a wide angle lens. I've been reading review after review and I can't make my choice. I've narrowed it down to 2: Sigma 10-20mm or the Tokina 12-24mm. I'm looking for something I can use all the time. From the reviews, it seems that the Tokina is a sharper more all around lens, but the Sigma is more fun and can go wider. Which would you choose and why?

P.S. I think I can get a used Tokina for $350 shipped, but I'd have to buy a new Sigma.

you should be able to buy both of them used....

sigmas are know for sample variation... i haven't read about any sample variation on 12-24 tokina...

this all doesn't matter if you get a good copy.... if u get the sigma make sure you are able to swap copies within a day or two if you get a bummer...

2mm doesn't seem like much wider.... but it is at this focal range... so you have to decide how wide you want and if you need the long end.... when I bought my 12-24 I had every intention of swapping it for the newer tokina 11-16 2.8 which is the sharpest of them all... however I found myself using the tokina at 24mm quite a bit so no 11-16 for me...

good luck...

the

Most reactions

Back